Thursday, July 22, 2010

the right time....

Yesterday

My day ended at 3 p.m. Class was over and everyone was heading towards the exit door. I stayed in the hall for a while. I stared at the white board filled with concept that my lecturer had pointed out during the class. I was trying to figure the simplest way in applying the lesson I had learned in my drawing board.

I stood there for 10 minutes and I discovered that there was no simple way that I could apply the concept without being caught cheating in the drawing. No shortcuts and no step could be skipped. The method had to be done in the sequential that had been written in text book.

I was astounded by the fact that creativity has its rules that drawers had to apply. Is it possible to have space of creativity for every section of the drawing has its requirement that must be fulfilled? I can not tell. However I am certain that there is limitation to a person’s creativity.

As I went to the school cafeteria, i stumble upon two day's newspaper. There was a text about Leonardo da vinci diary. The article even wrote that the diary was like a scientific report and precision was the key to achieve it. This was the thing that i have been finding hard to accept. Its written again that rules have to be abide. It is like writing a book but you have to be particular with all the small as well as the big detail.

I know that it has been widely acknowledge that creativity is possible through abiding the rules. Has it been proven?

In music some artist used morphine, cocaine or anything else which could make them lure the maximum creativity out. They use them to push the limitation of dreaming. It works sometimes. Many pieces of rock music comes from the experience of it itself. They refuse to be block and they wanted more. Does it make using drug right? No.

People who use drug as a solution to mind block will regret that is comes with a price. A price of which is too great to bear. Addictive and lose control of awareness, that is why drugs are illegal.

Hmmmm

Today

Maybe it was not supposed to be easy. Perhaps the long hours of taking detail of everything is the journey to be great. Rules are there for a reason, they don’t just exist.

People could spend their time thinking of how to jump the hoop but perhaps we should spend more time thinking of how to abide those rules. In the end of the day people who stayed with their problem longer are the ones that could overcome the problem whenever it arises the next time.

How Sherlock Holmes became a great detective? Is it because he was genius? Or is it because he chose to look at the small detail and stayed longer with the problem?

There is a way to achieve success; it is just that the journey is going to be painful and challenging. If I ask you when is the right time to start doing the right thing? The answer is, there is never a right time for it, and you just have to do it.

3 comments:

  1. First, thanks for commenting on my blog and signing up!

    As to your blog. The problem is that the rules CAN'T apply to everyone, as each person is an individual. You mention a couple of things that interested me. I think that drugs have a major positive impact when it relates to creativity. But not for everyone...

    Also, you mentioned Sherlock Holmes. did you know that he used addictive drugs? Check it out...

    anyway, you addressed a very deep subject. There is no simple answer because we are all different!

    I like your blog! If you don't mind, I'm going to tag along...

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ghee thanks for pointing that out... do tag along... you critics and comment are most welcome.... but to let you know your blog are really2 good...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much! I really like your writing style and am looking forward to more! I won't be critical, but I will be reading and commenting...

    ReplyDelete