Wednesday, July 21, 2010

a sign?

I am hardcore... I think.

I have been trying to rekindle the feeling I used to have that motivates me to sit and face a drawing board for long hours. But, every time I try to start drawing, the old drawing board makes it uninteresting and demoralising.

There are patches of holes on the board and some stain of paints. It is a very old drawing board pass down from my uncle. I used to think that having that board would mean like an inheritance of family legacy. I still do feel that sometimes.

However, I think it is about time I get a new drawing board, something which speaks of me. The drawing board cost me some money but it was worth it. I assemble the board on my own. A small form of an accomplishment and I sweat putting it together. In the end, it felt like I was marking my own legacy.

The new board smells good. The scent of wood elegantly matches the design of it. I am satisfied. As I complete setting up the board, I whispered to myself that I did the right choice spending my money on it.

It is clear that my heart for drawing has never stopped. It just needed a jus to start doing it. Like magic, the drawing board even made my room look good. As I cover it with cloth, a gusty wind blows from the window of my room. It was weird as it felt like the wind was spiraling in my room.

Papers of old drawing were flying in my room. It kind of look like the drawing was riding the wind welcoming the new board. (It seems like my imagination has kicked in.)

Whatever it is, I had to clean up the mess it had made. Could it be a good sign? I guess we will have to wait till the end of this semester.

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like a good sign to me...
    Remember, a poor grade doesn't mean you don't have potential to excel in a particular subject!

    ReplyDelete