Saturday, June 5, 2010

i may need to remodel

i have been having this think hard time, however i am not thinking about where i am leading myself instead what bothers me is how am i going to do the things i want to achieve.

i have been reading about syarifah armani, thinking how she has made her stamp in Malaysia. What bothers me is that will i be that good if i continue with my slow pace in reading. I know that i have passion in writing, but what i am afraid is the fact that will it soon be to late to achieve it? (for those who does not know, yes she is also a writer besides her acting career)

I am still a teen but still i have this cold feet. I have put myself to the test of writing something serious but soon to discover that what i have been writing was partly the same as what i have been doing in this blog. when i do it too hard, it just doesn't sound like myself.

okay lets hold on for a moment, take a deep breath, and use your noodles ina. Well again there is no shortcuts. Perhaps this is the point where i have to decide what i should priorities first. I don't want to be the kind of writer who writes a good novel but end up doing rubbish on the next. well it is true.

Do you know John Maxwell Coetzee? he won a nobel prize for literature and won booke prize twice. He must have know what it takes right? i haven't read his book but my friend has kindly fill me up with this literature idol.

i wanted to read Jane austen as her book about pride and prejudice was timeless. She even have most her books become the must be studied book in Cambridge. I'm not sure if she was famous in her time but i am sure she is one of the most famous writer now. However i have been slow in reading her book.

"Are you still with Jane?" hahhahhaa i have to say i'm still stuck with her for a while i guess.




2 comments:

  1. John and Jane can be your best friend Especially as u are an aspiring writer
    But I hope u may finish up Jane
    And start on John the day after

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just be what u wanna be n do what u wanna do..don't think too much about remodelling urself..u'll know when u know.. :)

    ReplyDelete