Wednesday, September 22, 2010

In serious need of an intervention

I have been feeling that i am less productive these days. I try to write but i ended up with just a paragraph at the end of the day. I have been scribbling with words trying to make the connection with what i actually want to express but i feel like its too cliche. Need to get enlightened.

I have been watching old movies and realise that i have been watching them over and over again. I am currently out of words. My vocabulary seems limited at the moment. what i write seems like have been written before. Plus the crowded open house invitation i have been receiving just makes me unacceptably lazy.

I thought that by meeting more people i will get more ideas on what to write. Disappointingly, when old friends meet up they tend to talk a lot about the old days. Very..very old stories that i don't feel like writing about it.

I want to write something fresh. Today i start to realise that i have not done any serious reading besides the one i have to for like a month or two.

I understand now that my desperate need for a serious reading is obvious. I also remember that i once said that reading is actually the maximum self satisfaction.

Perhaps i'll get a book to read today... damn i am on fire....


4 comments:

  1. good post, with a great ending..."damn i am on fire...."
    I always try to find time to read. I don't always find it, but I try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are very kind my dear friend with your comment...

    may we all have time to read.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find it difficult to write most of the time. I think I lead a pretty boring life. Still once in a while I have something I want to share and this is a good way to do it.
    I read the paper sometimes but I have never had an urge to read a book. Not sure if that is good, bad or indifferent.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey there Simply Suthern thank you for dropping by..

    hrmmm... i read books because i love the way words creatively gets jumble together.

    i'm not a good writer yet. but i know that i love to write... if read my early post you will notice some changes..i even feel embarrassed about it. :P

    a few months back a guy criticized my writing... and i can assure you that his critic was not that pleasant.

    but the thing is we grow when we learn from our mistake... i certainly would visit your blog from time to time... surprise me!!! :)

    ReplyDelete