Saturday, September 25, 2010

Spoiler (only read this after watching season 2x03 of the leverage show)

I like this episode in particular because of how the story indirectly sends out the idea of “do not abuse small kids”. I burst to tears where justice was brought and I assume saved the young boy life.

The story was actually about some other criminal justice thing but hidden was another story about a child abuse. This story tried to show how simple it is to make a small kid believe that being abuse by their parent is okay. The kid wanted to tell the law enforcer about the bare he burdened but was afraid as his father has connections with many police officers. In a way the kid thought he just have to take the punch and not shout. However one of the leverage guy used his magic talent to make it right thus save the kid.

What made me think is that, in almost every part of the world, small kids are abuse because they can not fight back. It is a coward way of letting off steam. Children are supposed to get the whole package of what childhood should be. I remembered my childhood very well; I was spoiled.

It should never be the other way around. I heard that some say it was to discipline kids. Do they really know the difference between disciplining a kid and abusing a kid? I am sorry but in my head, power can easily be abused. Since in this case a child depends entirely on their parents for moral compass, shelter, love and food; they don’t really have much to defend themselves.

I feel outraged by some people who justify it by saying that it is to discipline them so they need to hit the kids. If it is so right then why does it is always done when people are not looking and not around? Why do it in the house behind closed doors?

Reality is abusers are plenty, in that show (even though it is only a show) the kid was lucky as the hero could see pass through the kids eye. He realises that the kid was actually carrying more than just a broken arm.

If only we could all become attentive like this hero.

No comments:

Post a Comment