Friday, May 21, 2010

milk anyone?

Just right after lunch, a man in motorcycle came down to our place in Malacca. he was somehow introducing a new product. My grandmother still regard direct selling from house to house as part of her routine, so i planned to join in this time. what we will do is that we would sit and listen to the sales person presentation of how good the product is.

I was already sitting in the hall while waiting for grandmother change to a better clothing. In front of me was a drink served when we have people coming to the house. It was rather odd that grandmother served milk this time. Being supportive i told myself that maybe serving milk was part of this kampung tradition, so i drink up.

It tasted different from the usual milk there was this smell which i find it hard to distinguish. Goat milk? did grandmother add something to the milk? who knows . i am being supportive here. When i was about to finish the milk grandmother finally appears.

Being surprised to how much i drink she asked me how was the taste.

grandmother : how was the taste?

Again being supportive and in hope to compliment the drink.

me: it tasted okay. :-)

grandmother: owh so the horse milk wasn't bad?

me: what?? horse?

sales person: yeah its the new product. freshly took from the farm.

idiot. the joke was on me. The sales person knew that i wasn't going to taste the milk if i know that it was from a horse. No wonder he was silently sitting there while closely observing my reaction to the drink. And i thought i was being unfriendly.

so i am guessing the smell comes from a horse? . i even think that my burping smelt funny. i am going to brush my teeth now for the 5th time.

ps: no matter how wonderful the taste is you don't take a milk from a horse. Just wasn't meant to be.



No comments:

Post a Comment