Friday, May 21, 2010

when you believe...

the hardest of all things is when you want to achieve something that is impossible. i'm not good with cooking and i have been proven of lacking this skill ever since i have a friend who can actually cook. recently i made friends with this guy , he is not even a chef but he knows so much about food that it made me embarrassed being a girl. He works in a consulting firm in kl. Every single day he would cook for himself. Last night when i asked whether he have had dinner, he told me that he was going to "tumis" vegetable. Shock i was as I don't even know what tumis is.

Is it true that food is the key to a man's heart? if it is then why does this man can cook like he is cooking for someone else ? has the time change for it to be the man who cooks better than a women? My mum used to say that the greatest chef today belongs to the male group. With my undeveloped skill to cook just verify how time actually change. Well perhaps its just me.

This weekend my cousin is getting married. From Monday i have been worried if i am going to be in charge of the food. we will be having the wedding in kampung style so imagine the slicing onions, tumising and all the hard cooking stuff. i would just embarrassed my parent more. My wish came true i am in charge of bunga telur. All i have to do is to look good and not act like too boyish.

done and done.

the other day my little cousin which we called him "boboi" asked grandmama why not all girls can cook. he was actually referring at me but using the "all girls" quote was a clever move. yeah and you think this standard 3 year old boy would look adorable with whatever he says.

evil. evil. but he is still cute.


No comments:

Post a Comment