Saturday, May 22, 2010

Ooooo... you did not.just say that.

I am tired but i could not sleep. I am trying to imagine how the newly wed is feeling. They must be happy right? imagine that. Being bound to one another as legally they will always have one thing to honour , their marriage.

Sometimes this ceremony makes it look like its too superficial. When i say superficial, it is like putting on heavy make ups that makes it hard to imagine how the bride would look with out them. Everyone will adore the newly wed , giving blessing and complimenting on how they match. Match made from heaven they say.

For a westerner wedding there will be a part where the pair will have to exchange the "i do take this person to be my...." thing, but for this wedding, its all about the guys. The wali will be either the father or male relatives, then there is the groom. Normally,the bride will be there just sitting silently but still pretty for the wali and the groom to make akad nikah.

It is still wonderful to witness this event. My grandmother said that its a victory when they finally finished the akad nikah. They will have to respect one another, as one is completed by the other. Its no longer about being as an "I" but as a "we". That is the wisdom that brought grandfather and grandmother to stay together until today and now it is passed on to the next generation.

Once the akad nikah was over and people are done with eating, my uncle came to me and asked when my turn will be. I just smiled.

But boboi had to add by saying "but kak ina is troubled with cooking" .

kids............................... they say the darners thing.

ps: i did pinch boboi for saying that.




1 comment:

  1. Goshh..I like dis kid name boboi..wat a smart kid to say dat..if I were to be there,I would giv him a high five,low five..haha.. (^^,)y

    ReplyDelete