Tuesday, April 20, 2010

final chapter

I’m sorry that I have not been updating my blog as frequently as I used to. I was still in shocked by what happened two days ago (besides the examination). Charlie (since this is the third time that I write about her, I think its time to give her a name) called me last Saturday as she wanted help for her relationship problem.

I wasn’t that surprised that she has come up yet again with another impossible plan to reclaim her boyfriend. She decided that she wanted to remind her ex-boyfriend of the moment which she calls as sweet memories. I wanted to stop her but God knows that she was unstoppable. So I decided that I will just stand by her side without judging.

We drove to her ex-boyfriend house. (Pretty extreme I must say) She brought a teddy bear that was given to her as a gift of their third anniversary. When we reached to the ex-boyfriend house, we saw that his car was there and so we waited. After half an hour, Charlie decided to ring the bell. Eventually her boyfriend came out. He was shocked and wasn’t happy with the fact that Charlie was standing in front of his house. Charlie and her boyfriend talked for a moment. I didn’t know what they were talking about but when her boyfriend threw the teddy bear I know for a fact that the mission was really an impossible one. I knew from the beginning that this was not going to end well. Charlie was begging him to reconsider while he was trying to push her away. I witnessed that painful moment and I almost cried as it has come to this stage where Charlie doesn’t even recognise that her life is worth more.

The time was right for me to pull her out of this mess. I knew that I had to persuade her to leave that place and so I did. She was crying, and the strength that used to make her look and feel calm doesn’t seem to work anymore. I realise that words could no longer describe how she was feeling and experiencing.

Later that night, it made me thinking how much people have sacrificed for love. Some of my friends have worshiped the ground that her lover walks and some would even go to length that is beyond my imagination. It wasn’t a very good day. But there is a lessoned in all that is written for us. To understand what the lesson meant some would have to fall to the lowest.


p/s: Charlie is recovering and swallowing the reality as I write this post. Wish that you get better.

1 comment:

  1. matters of the heart is a real tricky thing. most of the time we do not miss the person or even love them that much, merely the memory an feeling of not being lonely.

    fear of loneliness is a strong motivator. don't think it's love. heh...

    ReplyDelete