Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Pasar

Today started with my mum waking me up at 6.00. The sky is literally dark but my mum wanted me to drive her to pasar (my mum actually can drive, she just wanted someone to carry the groceries) . she is not working today. Beside pulling out teeth mum also try her best to be a good housewife.

(mum's cooking skill is one of those skill i didn't inherit) Her knowledge about the fishes is astounding. She would tease me in my lack of knowledge of the food stuff. it used to bother me, but not anymore. Every time mum cracks a joke about them i will just say that its not that i have no interest but my boyfriend is a good cook (yes i am lying.but i have to say something right?). Mum would laugh and i would try hard to smile.

Me : Mum can i ask you a question?

Mum: what about?

me: why didn't you get a husband who could cook?

Mum: daaa... then you wouldn't be here. ha ha ha

me: -___-" (yeah its a pretty stupid question anyway)

The thing about pasar is that at the end of the day you will smell just like it. no offense, i still do enjoy going to pasar with mum .

Sotong masak lemak today..... well that is of course if mum doesn't change her mind.

1 comment:

  1. Ah, what a good way to start the day. You smell like fish alright but hell, pasar sure does make me feel alive. The loud voices, the fresh fishes, and them veges, God, I wish I can be at pasar instead of Office. *sigh* It brings back memories.

    ReplyDelete